June 7, 2010

bittersweet realizations

The past few days of my realizations have been bittersweet. As you saw with my last blog post, one of my best friends' baba passed away. Her death made me, and a couple of my other friends, realize some things.

We think everything lasts forever, but really, our days are numbered and minutes are limited. Some of us don't know when the clock will stop, and other do because of illnesses or if your a criminal,a death sentence. Nothing lasts forever, I mean, metaphorically it can, like true love. But we won't always have who we have right now with us. As difficult it is to accept, our loved ones days are numbered too. We have to appreciate everyone for the little time we have them for. We never know what tomorrow will bring, as much as we all try to plan for it. I have never lost someone,a physical person. I mean, yes, my grandfather died when I was 3, but I don't recall any of it, and I only have one memory of him that's clear and makes sense. Even though Baba wasn't related to me in anyway, it was a shock to lose her. The last time I saw her was a month ago, when she was giving Brittany and I cookies and sandwiches to take home with us. I never thought that would be the last time. Although we did have a good time, she never really found out how much she really meant.

Another thing I realized really late, is that we only have one life. We do. We're not cats with nine lives, we only have one. Up until now, truthfully, I wasn't really living it how I pictured it, or how I wanted to. Throughout your life you'll make a hell of alot of mistakes. I know I have, and I want to take this time to publicly apologize to people I've hurt. And I also know sometimes it seems like the end, but really, tomorrow brings a new day. The past is the past, you can't change it, you have to accept it, learn your lesson, and apply it to the future so it doesn't happen again.

Yet another thing I realized, loved ones. Friends, Family. Like I said before, we make alot of mistakes during our lives. But your friends, and family will always help you through it. They'll always push you into the right direction. Although sometimes the truth hurts, we have to see where the other person is coming from in order for them to be saying that in the first place. Since I am extremely stubborn and hard-headed, this will be a challenege for me, but I'll work on it.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Just remeber to say I love you to the ones you love, to not take moments or days for granted, and just simply live your life how YOU want to live it. Someone will always judge, no matter what you do. So either way, it's the same outcome. Do the things you love, and want with no regrets.

-Little Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment