August 2, 2010

when life gives you lemons...

Hey lovelies, :)
So, the other day I came across this amazing skin idea. I kind of have tempermental skin. Sometimes it decides to love me, and other times it just decides to venture into pimplezit-land. If we're being honest, most of the time I am way too lazy to stick to a skin routine (although I do have clinique and proactiv).

Then another thing, alot of skin cleansers have sulfates in them. Only recently did it come to my attention that in literally 99% of my skin products had "sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate" or parabens, or just things that in the long run are harmful to my skin. For those of you who don't know, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a cleaner that's used to clean car engines. Yup. So unless we've turn into automotives, I really don't think it's necessary to put that on my skin! Even my "organic" apricot scrub had it! I was completely shocked at the amount of products I use contain it! So I began my search for a simple, easy way to clean my skin.

Lemon Juice, Sugar & a Cotton pad. That's what my skin regime has become. It's so easy, and it makes your skin feel craaaazy soft. Lemons have BHA (beta hydroxy acid) and AHA (alpha dyroxy acid) which both do wonders for your skin, especially AHA which is basically a skin improver that unclogs pores, enhances skin cell renewal and makes it appear more glowy and beautiful. So here's the steps I do!
  1. have a clean, make up-less fresh face and wash it with warm water so it opens up your pores
  2. take your cotton pad, and soak it in lemon juice, preferably organic since your skin does absorb whatever you clean it with. Or you can even just squeeze fresh lemons onto the pad
  3. take about a teaspoon of sugar and put it on the pad
  4. start scrubbing around your face, and let the lemon-y goodness work its' magic!
  5. if the stinging is too much for your face, you can dilute the lemon juice with some water.
  6. after you've scrubbed scrubbed scrubbed, wash it off with warm water and feel how soft your skin is!

Remember, this isn't a full proof process and even I still have broken out afterwards but in my case it's been noticiably less. But it's been a great skin routine for the past few days. :) Definately reccommed to try it out!

love and lemons,

littel jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment