January 1, 2012

a brand new year

With a new year comes new opportunities, and a new day to begin the journey to re-invent yourself. I'm not saying a new year is a brand new clean slate, your history doesn't disappear with the 10-second countdown. But the dates, the baggage, it can slowly dwindle into events in the past hidden at the back of your mind. I want to begin this year without the baggage of 2011. I've made a few simple and easy resolutions, that I want to stick by in order to make 2012 better.

First, What happened to me in 2011?
I lost a really good friend, and made some new ones. I graduated high school, started life and university, visited my favourite city in the world New York, fell in love. I found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, and found the people who are really there for me. I learned to appreciate my family over everything, and to smile even through the tears because I'm strong enough for that. 2011 was a whirlwind, a lot happened and even more changed, one life chapter ended and a new one began.

I want to go into 2012 with open arms and an open mind. At the beginning of 2011 I thought it would remain the way it was forever. Well, I was wrong. 2011 was my best year, and my worst. As I said, I fell in love and made some amazing friends. I started doing what I wanted to do with my life, and make my own independent decisions without having to rely on anyone else. But it was also one of my worst, because as much as I gained I also lost. I lost friends, lost touch and somedays even lost sight of myself.

My resolutions:

Apologize & Forgive. 
I've always been so proud and stubborn to admit I'm at fault, and although it's difficult for me to hold grudges because I forget why I'm mad in the first place, I want to forgive people too.

Smile & Stay Strong.
Everyone has moments of weakness, but I want to begin to overcome mine. I want to take the high road, and not let the little things bother me anymore.

Tell the people I love that I love them, everyday.
I love my family, I love my friends, my boyfriend, dog. I want them to know it everyday, and know how important they all are to me; the impact they make on my life and how much they change me into being the best I can be.

Take the high road.
High school is 5 months behind me, and sometimes I still find myself seeping into that high school mentality. The fake-ness, the jealousy, and honestly I want to escape that. I want to overcome that immaturity and develop into someone I can be proud of.

There are other resolutions, you know like the typical "go to the gym" and "stay in shape" ordeals, but the ones I mentioned at the ones I want to stick to throughout the whole year, and my whole life.

I hope everyone has a great start at the beginning of this year, and that each of you reach your greatest and full potential. :) Happy New Year you guys

little jay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment