March 20, 2012

how the gods tried to smite me

Have you ever had one of those mornings where just everything, literally, everything goes wrong and it's like some supernatural force is trying to keep you from school?

Yeah. Today was that day.
First and foremost, my usually very reliable alarm clock decided it needed a mental health day. I woke up late. That in itself is already stressful because as you LEAP out of bed you're listing in your mind everything you have to get done in the next 45 minutes to leave on time, catch the train then the bus to make it to that really boring 8 am class.

Through the mayhem of getting ready, making breakfast, eating breakfast, making my lunch. Whilst in the middle of trying to pack a semi-decent/healthy lunch I find we have nothing at home that can be used for a sandwich. WHO DOESN'T HAVE SANDWICH CONDIMENTS? Apparently, my household. I did not want to take two plain breadslices to school so I opted for an overabundance of fruits and vegetables (to where my boyfriend called me a herbivore....). Anyway, after all that I finally grabbed all my school stuff while also making my bed so my nazi mother doesn't lose it on me... And I somehow manage to be out the door by 6:55... olympic record, set by yours truly.

I thought I was out of the supernatural wrath, only to get to my car and it decide it too wanted to take a mental health day and not start. Given, it was pretty cold and he's an old fellow, but really car? We've been friends for 10 days and I've been nothing but nice to you! Finally I got the bugger to start, and I let the car start to warm up as I scrapped the frost off my windshield after a search for one of those dual-ended-scrapper-things-you-buy-at-hardware-stores. Yes people, frost. Spring doesn't exist in Canada. I worked those biceps making sure I could clearly see, proud of my scraping abilities I got in the car and began to reverse, by this time it being 7:05. My train comes at 7:12. As I was backing up, slowly a sheet of fog or sleet or whatever the heck it was started to coat my window so I literally could see nothing. NOTHING. Out of the 6 windows in this car, all of them were impossible to see through.

I parked back into the driveway and called my mom. She drove me to the station. I missed my train. Once I got on the next train, I missed my bus. And I walked from the station to the school (closest station, not the one by my house.... I'd be here when it'd be time to go home).

And there you have it, how the gods tried to smite me into not going to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment