January 24, 2012

The Wallet Saver

So, I have spontaneously decided that I am going to put myself on a regimen. Not a diet sort of thing, but for those of you who don't know, I have three addictions that just eat up my pay cheques like candy: make-up, clothing and money spending. I can't even describe the happiness I feel when I buy something... or a lot of things, just because I can. It's pure bliss. But what's not bliss, is looking at my bank account afterwards with "The Frown" -- you know, the face you make when your heart breaks a little bit at the balance staring bluntly back into your face? I've decided I need to kick my habits hard, before they kick me even harder. I call this the "The Wallet Saver".
& Here's how I'm going to do this...

1. Make Up: for the people close to me, they know how much I enjoy it. I have drawers completely full of make up I don't even use on a regular basis, just because I like having it. I love buying the brand new plastic wrapped products, trying them out and then stuffing them into a drawer waiting for the perfect moment to wear it. To kick this habit, I'm going to start Project 10 Pan. Also for those of you who don't know, I am an avid youtube watcher and love watching make up tutorials, so to explain Project 10 Pan (a youtube-given idea) it's pretty much I have to use up -- COMPLETELY USE UP-- at least ten products from my make up collection (preferably more). With this, I'll actually use the things I intended on using before and actually finish them before I buy anything else.

2. Clothing:  I also have a problem of buying a bunch of clothes then just shoving it in my closet because I never have a "time" for wearing it. To kick this, I'm going to force myself to wear everything in my closet --everything-- at least once this year. This may not seem like a big deal, but since I'm heavily addicted to sweatpants, yoga pants and sleeping in late... Even wearing everything once will be a challenge with school. I will also force myself to not buy any new clothes for 3 months at a time, and at every 3 month period I will reward myself with ONE clothing item. This means, I will not buy anything new until APRIL 24TH, 2012 (except maybe a Coldplay t-shirt... because I'm seeing them). Just so you know, I might just die because shopping is a massive part of my life... but I'm determined to kick this. Maybe I'll take it even one step further and force myself to take a picture of my outfit everyday for the next year... but that's undecided.

3. Spending: Spending can range from something small as a 6 dollar sandwich to ridiculously priced shoes. Everything in between. I'm making my monthly budget ridiculous, keeping it from 15-25 dollars a month. BUT, there are exceptions to the budgets such as friend's birthday's and such. I seriously want to maintain it to this, of course with an increase when I meet my bank account goal (which for privacy purposes I'm not revealing on the blog, but trust me I'm a ways away).

I'll keep you all posted on how this little escapade will unfold... and hopefully, I don't go through too much withdrawl in the process, and even if you're feeling daring, try it out with me :)!

To do it yourself just pick three things bad habits that consequently affect your wallet and bank accounts, set goals and try it for a year! :)

saving instead of spending,
little jay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment