March 3, 2012

I was abducted by aliens and taken to mars...

Just kidding. School has once again overtaken my life and it's a bit difficult to find a balance between studying, working, maintaining a skeleton social life with my friends, time with my family, seeing my boyfriend, you get the picture? But it would be pretty sweet to be abducted by aliens...

So I don't have very much to blog about, but there's a couple things that are blogworthy. Since working in the hospital for school, it's been a real eye opener to things in my life. I always thought I was appreciating the little things, but I can only say I've been hypocritical when I see the amazing people on the unit I'm working on. I've never seen such strength, determination and inspiration. Working with these people has made me look around at my life and appreciate everything that much more, and appreciate everyday given to me that much more. I'll be honest, I don't always live life to the fullest. If I was to pass away, I would have a lot of things left I would want to do. Maybe I'm making excuses by saying I just don't have the time, but as a student drowning in midterms it's difficult to find the time and money to do some of these things. So I decided, why not make a bucket list? No, I'm not about to die of some terminal disease, but with a reminder of the things I want to do, perhaps it'll focus me, and I'll get most or all of them done.

1. save a life
2. overcome my fear of heights and sky dive
3. go to disney land -- i've never been. i'm 18 and deprived.
4. make a change in someone
5. do something that really matters
6. volunteer in a third world country
5. go to africa and work on an orphanage (the above is similar but not quite the same)
7. do something spontaneous
8. do something I would originally never ever do
9. learn to surf, and actually stand on ONE wave -- one because if you know me, i'm horrible uncoordinated
10. sing really drunk and horrible karaoke.
11. watch the sunset on the beach with the love of my life
12. see new york again
13. do something life changing for 3 people. -- a la pay it forward.
14. get at tattoo

I have a lot more, but that's just a snippet of the things I want to accomplish. Who knows, maybe I've subconsciously done some of these but if I've done it once I'll do it again! I don't want to live my life with any regrets or "what ifs" and I want to appreciate to the fullest everyday I'm given to live. Life is short, and passes too fast and before you know it everything you wanted to do, you can't anymore.

peace and love,
little jay


No comments:

Post a Comment