March 3, 2012

Wallet Saver Update!

hello hello, two blogs in one day? It must be an apocalypse! No need to worry, I'm just popping on really quick to share an update on my progress with "the wallet saver" (link! if you haven't seen it yet, there it is). Pretty much it's my attempt to save money. :) So far, it has been a success!

My first challenge was make up (PROJECT 10 PAN).
I'm proud to say I have almost used up:

  • MAC studio fix foundation
  • a Lancome eye shadow
  • Benefit's they're real mascara
  • Smashbox full exposure mascara
  • MAC splashproof mascara
  • an Elizabeth Arden blush
  • and finally, a MAC studio fix powder
Although I have used up completely a MAC mineralized skin finish, and two softlips lip chaps!
I think I'm going to continue this little project, to refrain from over spending on make up and after I reach my goal of completely using up 10 items, I've decided to only purchase something new after I finish another product. ie, want a new foundation? finish the other one!

Also for my make up, I went on a major purge. I'm glad to say that I have condensed my make up collection from a ridiculously packed four drawers and hoarding in my purse, to a neat three drawered plastic container and have given away: over 10 eyeshadow pallets, several nail polishes, several lipsticks/glosses, a few blushes, some powders and a foundation.

My second challenge was clothing, and it's safe to say I have not bought anything and broken my rule of no clothes spending until April 24th! And, I have also been shopping my closet and trying to make different outfits of the clothes I do have and never wear! I have also planned for after the wallet saver money goal is achieved, I will separate small amounts of my pay cheques into a "shopping fund" and save up for the clothing items/shopping trips I want! So, another success!

My final challenge was my spending, and it was still a success, but still a work in progress. I have gone over my budgets of 15-20 dollars a month a few times, which is acceptable under some circumstances. Also a lot of my friends birthdays were in February, so I had to of course get them presents! Not to add the few concert tickets I've bought... I've definitely gone over. But I do make sure I'm careful with the spending, and I haven't exceeded my budgets by very much! But of course, cutting down ones spending is not something that happens over night!

All in all, the wallet saver has been a success! I have almost reached my money saving goal, and then afterwards will increase it again and continue the project, but not as strictly!

I hope those of you who are trying the wallet saver as well are just as successful!

saving not spending,
little jo

No comments:

Post a Comment